NBAPC Equity Fund
The NBAPC Equity Fund is born from the First Peoples Equity Fund, established in the 1990’s. NBAPC Equity Fund is a partner of the New Brunswick Aboriginal Peoples Council and the Native Council of Prince Edward Island.
After several years, our Board has decided to revamp the Fund in the form of a loaning and equity fund for the benefit of NBAPC and NCPEI members. The Fund’s new structure will strive to seek members looking to start a new business or undertake a project of a current business.
The Fund’s new structure will strive to seek members of the NBAPC/NCPEI looking to start a new business or start a project of a current business through providing loans and equity financing.
We look forward to building sustainable business and economic development for our people in an off-reserve setting.
Our Mandate is to serve the entrepreneurial needs of the Off-reserve Aboriginal community in New Brunswick and PEI, through equity and/or loan financing.
- Must reside in New Brunswick and/or PEI, off reserve
- Must have new or existing business in New Brunswick and/or PEI, off reserve
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Priority given to NBAPC/NCPEI members
The maximums for out loads are as follows:
- Sole Proprietorship shall not exceed $50,000
- Joint venture or corporations shall not exceed $100,000
- Securities and equity down-payment on loans may be take as deemed necessary. A loan agreement will be administered upon approval
Potential clients can apply by submitting their business plan along with our application form to the the NBAPC Equity Fund. From there, our Board will review the application and plan. Upon approval, a conditional loan or equity financing can be administered.